Let’s pretend there were no wrinkle creams. What can you do to get rid of those dark under eye circles you ask? Well, first let’s see how we can prevent them. As I wrote earlier, the skin around the eye area is very thin; this is why it’s so venerable.
I will reveal you 10 secrets to prevent dark circles;
1) Don’t cry. This will sound silly to you but fluids going out of the eyes will cause the little muscles under your eye work hard and they will get tired. The worst time to cry is at night, so skip that feel-bad-movie.
2) Hay fever, you have to treat it. There is lots of medication for it.
3) Sleep on your back. This way fluid can’t collect under your eyes. Don’t sleep on your stomach or on your side.
4) Don’t go to bed with makeup on. Come on girls, just don’t do it.
5) Rubbing in your eyes frequently, stop it!
6) Excessive drinking. Do I need to say more?
7) Get plenty of sleep. 7 to 9 hours a night will do the trick.
9) Take less salt, especially after 5 am. Excess salt causes the body to retain water in unusual places, and this can result in puffiness under the eyes. Too much salt can also impair your circulation and cause the blood vessels under the skin to appear darker.
10) Stop smoking. Period.
And here are some tricks how to stop dark under eye circles;
1) Use cucumber slices. This is probably the oldest trick in the book, but it works. Lay them down for about 10 minutes.
2) Use a cold spoon. Put a spoon in the refrigerator for half an hour. Take it out and cover the circles with it, but don’t press to hard, just hold it gently. Hold it there until the spoon is warm again. This will do miracles. Better then any eye-cream.
3) Use a potato. Place one uncooked potato into a liquidizer, add some water, and liquidize the whole potato. Scoop out and place the pureed potato on your closed eyes. Keep it there for 15 minutes, lying on your back. Wash it off with warm water.